Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sick.

I've been sick since Tuesday (I felt it coming on right at the start of class, actually). It has been terrible. I know there's really no reason to write about this here, but seeing as I have to write about something and it has been consuming my life the past few days (and still a bit currently), this is the subject. What's really bad is that I pride myself in not getting sick. Just two weeks ago I was hanging out with a friend who was sick and I confidently told her that I don't get sick and that she need not worry of infecting me. I don't think she did infect me, though, because I don't have what she had, but still-- my strength and credibility? Totally undermined.

So I've been sick and I've been such a baby about it. I've moped and whined, but really, no one was even around to cry to, which made it so much worse. And I think the forces that be conspired against me. Truly, I can't remember a span of two weeks in which I had more work due and more work to do. If there were ever a time where I should pull all-nighters every night, this would be it. And yet, to spite me, my body needs sleep, rest, etc. now more than ever. I literally can't stay up past midnight. I can't. I have tried. I have tried this weekend and this past week, but no. The second the clock strikes twelve, my eyes just close. I HATE being sick.

Oh. And my voice! I've been putting off recording of my podcast for as long as I could, but, unfortunately, I can't put it off any longer. And I sound manly and hoarse and awful. So, if any of you reading this will listen to my podcast, allow me to apologize in advance: I'm sorry. :/

That's all for now.

No comments: