Sunday, March 22, 2009

Endings and Beginnings

Today's the last day of spring break, but really, it already feels over. Tomorrow's Monday, and the normal routine begins again, so today is tainted with the shadow of that. Breaks and holidays are never long enough. Whether they're bad or good, there never seems a time when I am not sorry to see it end. It reminds me of how I felt whenever summer camp would end or whenever the bride and groom at a wedding drive off into the night. Yes, new life or just life resumes, and that can be exciting, but there's still something melancholy about it all.

I graduate in May, and I'm truly nervous about starting somewhere new. I haven't decided where I'm going or what I'll be doing, and it's not a comforting feeling. Even more, though, I am surely sorry at the thought of time ending in Lubbock. After living here for 6 years, it really has become my home, so to imagine leaving it for good-- it's sad. I'm not sure what I'm trying to achieve by getting this down in writing, but it is certainly something that's on my mind.

I'm sure I need to be optimistic and see every ending as some do: a beginning.

No comments: